The Trenton Fire Department responded to a fire at 1428 Chestnut in Trenton Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighter Dustin Whorton reports that upon arrival crews found a small fire on the floor next to the fireplace in the house owned by Ann Plumb. He says the fire from the fireplace had spread to paper products on the floor near the fireplace.
Firefighters used a small amount of water from a water extinguisher to put out the fire and Whorton reports damage was minimal, and no one was injured. He believes the fire was accidental.
Crews were on the scene for about 30 minutes with assistance from The Grundy County Rural Fire Department, Ambulance, and Sheriff’s Office as well as the Trenton Police Department.