Chillicothe Police Department activity report for Thursday, April 25, 2024

Chillicothe Police Activity Report
Share To Your Social Network

The Chillicothe Police Department answered a total of 76 calls for service on Thursday, April 25th, 2024, as officers managed a variety of incidents throughout the day. The day also included routine traffic stops and business checks.

07:44 a.m., officers were dispatched to the intersection of Washington St. and Webster St. following a three-vehicle collision. Fortunately, there were no injuries, and none of the vehicles were impaired. A formal report was recorded.

08:55 a.m., a report came in about a vehicle consistently ignoring stop signs at bus stops during early morning hours. The caller noted the infraction had already occurred, urging future vigilance from the officers.

09:22 a.m., a call led officers to the 2100 block of Oaklawn Dr. concerning possible property damage. Upon arrival, they noted minor damage to a vehicle, although the owner declined to pursue a formal report.

09:32 a.m., the department responded to an alarm at a residence in the 100 block of Gar Field Ave. Officers confirmed the alarm was mistakenly triggered.

10:14 a.m., officers received a harassment complaint. The victim reported threats, prompting an ongoing investigation.

12:33 p.m., a sexual assault report was filed, with investigations continuing to unfold.

02:35 p.m., officers investigated a potential violation of a protection order on the 1100 block of Oak St. It was later verified that no such order was in effect at that time, and thus, no report was needed.

03:44 p.m., a call regarding the alleged theft of food and medicine was resolved after officers engaged with the guardian of the involved individual.

07:31 p.m., officers were tasked with serving papers at the 500 block of Grandview but were unable to make contact with the relevant party.

10:53 p.m., officers rushed to the 300 block of E Jackson St. to assist a female reportedly not breathing. Collaborating with the Chillicothe Fire Department paramedics, the woman was transported to a medical facility but was later declared deceased. The investigation remains active.

Share To Your Social Network
Digital Correspondent

This article was written by our Digital Correspondent, or the Artificial Intelligence engine Chat GPT ( We provide all of the pertinent information related to the articile we want, such as a news release or information provided by one of the KTTN/KGOZ staff, and the AI engine then writes the article from a prompt. If the information is provided by a news release, credit is generally given to the person, entity or organization that provided the news release. The final article is then examined by a real person and edited to fit our format for either the KTTN website or for broadcast on one of, or all three of our stations.