Chillicothe Fire Department responds to natural gas leak on Green Street

fire figher and fire

The Chillicothe Fire Department responded to a natural gas leak late yesterday afternoon at 1201 Green Street that included a brief evacuation for safety precautions.

A report from fire chief Darrell Wright states a gas meter had been hit by a vehicle, was broken off in the ground, and was releasing natural gas.

He noted officials evacuated nearby residences and contacted Empire Gas Company who arrived on scene and capped the line.

Chillicothe Police were contacted since the driver of a vehicle had left the scene. No damage was sustained to any property except for the gas meter.

A separate report from Chillicothe Police said officers located the vehicle and driver a short time later. Municipal Citations were issued to Richard J. Stumph for alleged failure to register with the Director of Revenue and failure to provide proof of Financial Responsibility.

Randall Mann

http://www.kttn.com

Randall has been with KTTN/KGOZ for almost 20 years. He is the current Engineer for all of the stations, as well as working "on-air" from 6 to 10, am in the morning. Randall does a bit of everything including producing advertisements as well as writing the occasional news article. Randall is also the current Webmaster for the studio as well as the local graphic artist.

Related posts