Trenton Fire Department responds to Monroe Street

Trenton Fire Department

The Trenton Fire Department late Friday afternoon extinguished a small attic fire at the Kathy Reder residence located at 515 Monroe Street.

Firefighter Derek Hert reports a thermal imaging camera verified the location of the attic fire above a bedroom where there was a darkened ceiling and occupants of the residence smelled a burning odor. Firefighters made an access hole, then used a small amount of water to extinguish the blaze. The fire was believed to be electrical in nature.

Damage was described as moderate to the bedroom, plus a small amount of water damage. Firefighters were on the scene slightly over one hour with no injuries reported.