Fire at Spickard extensively damaged the roof of Wilson’s garage at 2nd and Commercial streets.
Spickard Fire Protection District Training Officer Jesse Richman said the flue from a wood burning stove caught the ceiling on fire in the office area. Wilson noted the structure is used occasionally, a few batteries were salvaged and the garage was not open at the time.
The Spickard Fire Protection District was assisted by the Grundy County Rural Fire Protection District and the Grundy County Ambulance service.
Firefighters were on the scene about an hour with the temperatures in the teens and no injuries were reported.