A bridge rehabilitation project continues for five bridges located over Interstate 35 in Clinton and Daviess counties. Contractors from Capital Paving and Construction, working with the Missouri Department of Transportation, plan to begin construction on the Daviess County Route KK bridge over Interstate 35 on Monday, May 20. The bridge will remain closed through early July.
- Clinton County
- U.S. Route 69 bridge south of Cameron – NOW thru early June
- Daviess County
- Route KK bridge – May 20 thru mid-July
- Route DD bridge – Late June thru early Sept.
- Route B/N bridge – Mid-Aug. thru late Oct.
- Route C bridge – Late Aug. thru early Nov.
During the bridge projects, the bridges will be closed. Motorists should follow signed detour routes.
Interstate traffic will also be affected. For safety reasons, no traffic will be permitted under the bridges during demolition. Interstate traffic will be narrowed to one lane in each direction and all traffic will be routed up and over the on and off ramps at the exit. Any reduction of lanes on I-35 will be completed during nighttime hours between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
All work and schedules are weather permitting.