Chillicothe Missouri Police Department

Chillicothe Police Department receives grants to improve 911 call service and implement mobile communications center

Chillicothe/Livingston County E-911 Coordinator Cindy Hanavan applied for and received two grants in 2020 through the Office of Homeland Security/Department of Public Safety for the Next Generation 911.  The Chillicothe Police Department reports the federal grants will pay 60% of the total cost of the project, and the city/county pays the other 40%. The total […]

Little Otter Creek Reservoir graphic

Groundbreaking ceremony set for Caldwell County’s Little Otter Creek Reservoir March 19, 2021

The USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Missouri, Caldwell County Commission, USACE, and Caldwell County SWCD will host a groundbreaking ceremony to commemorate the beginning of construction on the Little Otter Creek Reservoir on March 19th, 2021. After over two decades of planning, design, reviews, and permitting, the Little Otter Creek Reservoir will begin […]

Accident-Crash graphic

Two-vehicle crash at intersection results in driver arrest on multiple warrants

A two-vehicle accident at Cameron late Wednesday afternoon injured two drivers with one of them arrested. The Highway Patrol listed injuries as minor for 42-year-old Johnny Templeton of Cameron, who was taken by EMS to Cameron Regional Medical Center. The other driver, 32-year-old Tara Richardson of Kidder, received no injuries. The car Richardson was driving […]

Fire Truck

Firefighter credits homeowner for quick action in containing flue fire at rural Trenton home

Grundy County rural firefighters were dispatched Monday night to a reported structure fire west of Trenton. Upon arrival, it was discovered that a chimney fire was in progress at the residence of Ed and Pam Johnston at 398 Southwest Elm Lane of rural Trenton. Firefighters observed light smoke with smoldering embers inside the living room […]

Dicamba

Public interest groups sue EPA for re-approving controversial herbicide dicamba

Public-interest groups are suing the Environmental Protection Agency over the agency’s re-approval of products containing dicamba, a herbicide controversial for its tendency to drift into neighboring fields and damage farmers’ crops and homeowners’ gardens. Last fall, the EPA green-lighted dicamba use for five years, the third time the agency registered dicamba products. George Kimbrell, legal director at […]

High Speed Chase Charges Filed News Graphic

Charges filed against two men involved in high-speed pursuit that ended near Hamilton

Two men have been charged in Ray County with multiple felonies following a multi-county vehicle pursuit on January 13th. Law enforcement reported started in Ray County and ended north of Hamilton. Online court information shows 28-year-old Sergey Bocharov and 35-year-old Thomas Ainsworth have both been charged with assault—second degree—special victim, armed criminal action, property damage—first degree—damage […]

Governor Mike Parson

Year In Review: Missouri’s Governor highlights successes in 2020

As 2020 comes to a close, Governor Mike Parson highlights the state’s many successes and accomplishments despite the challenges of the past year.  “Although 2020 has brought many challenges, we remained committed to serving the people of this state and moving Missouri forward,” Governor Parson said. “We still made great strides in advancing Missouri’s economy, workforce, and […]

DISH Network Website

DISH Network to pay $210 million for telemarketing violations

A settlement in which DISH Network will pay $126 million in civil penalties to the United States for placing millions of telemarketing calls in violation of the Federal Trade Commission’s Telemarketing Sales Rule.  This settlement represents the largest civil penalty ever paid to resolve telemarketing violations under the FTC Act and exceeds the total penalties […]

Gavel and old law books (court or trial)

Kansas City nursing home to pay $40,000 to settle pay discrimination claims

Edgewood Manor OPCO, LLC, a former owner of Edgewood Manor, a skilled nursing facility in Raytown, Mo., will pay $40,000 and furnish other relief to settle a sex pay discrim­ination lawsuit filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. According to the EEOC’s lawsuit, 12 female licensed practical nurses (LPNs) who worked at the facility […]