Senator Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) announced he will introduce 15 amendments to the Democrats’ newly-proposed $3.5 trillion budget resolution for Fiscal Year 2022. Senator Hawley’s amendments would allow for the hiring of 100,000 new police officers, restrict federal funding for K-12 schools that refuse to fully reopen, fight back against critical race theory, and protect the unborn.
Passage of the budget resolution will trigger a reconciliation process, which Senate Democrats have announced will include numerous far-left priorities.
Senator Hawley said, “The Democratic Party is attempting to pass what could be the most radical left-wing legislation this country has ever seen—and they’re rushing it through Congress, hoping no one notices. Joe Biden and his allies in the Senate want to ram through a multi-trillion-dollar budget that lays the groundwork for their far-left agenda, like amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants, the Green New Deal, and a sweeping takeover of the American family by the federal government. The Senate is not just a rubber stamp for this kind of insanity. I will make sure that my colleagues lining up to support this agenda are held accountable.”
Senator Hawley’s amendments would:
- Allow for the hiring of 100,000 new police officers to combat the growing crime wave in the United States.
- Ban critical race theory in federal workplace diversity training.
- Promote patriotic education in K-12 schools and teach students to love America.
- Create a parent tax credit for working families that includes a work requirement and a marriage bonus of 100 percent.
- Prohibit legislation that establishes government-run universal prekindergarten.
- Prohibit legislation that establishes government-run universal childcare.
- Protect the Hyde Amendment.
- Protect the Weldon Amendment, conscience rights protections that prevent healthcare providers from being forced to perform or refer for abortions.
- Protect conscience rights by preventing healthcare providers from being forced to perform, provide, or refer for gender transition or reassignment surgeries, procedures, or medications.
- Restrict federal funding for K-12 schools that do not resume in-person instruction.
- Restrict federal funding for K-12 schools that mandate COVID-19 vaccines for students.
- Restrict federal funding for K-12 schools that mandate students wear masks.
- Defund the World Trade Organization.
- Ensure American taxpayer-funded research stays in America and is not exploited by the Chinese Communist Party.
- Deliver additional mental health resources to rural areas.