Travelers on Routes 5 and 6 may have noticed some areas where the roadside seems to be sliding.
Contractors working with the Missouri Department of Transportation plan to begin repairing those slides on Monday, June 19, 2017. Crews from Above and Below Contracting, LLC of Festus, Missouri plan to work Monday through Thursday, daylight to dusk, at several locations along these two routes. During the project, there may be single-lane closures around the roadside work. When the roadway is narrowed, flaggers will direct motorists through the work zone.
There are five slide locations on Route 6 between Milan and Green City, including one in the city limits of Milan, and one slide location on Route 5. Crews plan to work on the slides in the following order:
- Route 6 just west of Green City
- Route 6 just east of the Yellow Creek Bridge
- Route 6 just east of the Route J and P junction
- Route 6 just east of Route Y
- Route 6 just south of Route E in Milan
- Route 5 just north of Browning
The project is anticipated to continue through August. All work is weather permitting and schedules are subject to change.