A reminder from the Missouri Public Service Commission that they will hold public hearings in Marceline and Moberly December 8 regarding a case filed by Grain Belt Express Clean Line LLC (Grain Belt Express).
Additional hearings will be held December 13th in Cameron and Faucett, December 14 in Polo and Carrollton.
Grain Belt Express seeks a certificate of convenience and necessity to construct, own, operate and maintain a high voltage, direct current transmission line and associated facilities within eight north Missouri counties, which include Buchanan, Clinton, Caldwell, Carroll, Chariton, Randolph, Monroe and Ralls counties in Missouri as well as an associated converter station in Ralls County.
A portion of the proposed line would travel through Clinton, Caldwell, and Carroll Counties stretching from near St. Joseph to the south of Hannibal. The public hearing schedule includes:
- December 7 in Monroe City and Hannibal
- December 8—Marceline. Walsworth Community Center, 124 East Ritchie beginning at 12-noon ending no later than 4 o’clock
- December 8, —Moberly. Moberly Municipal Auditorium, 201 West Rollins beginning at 6 o’clock in the evening.
- December 13, Cameron. Cameron Community Center, 915 Ashland Avenue starting at 12 noon and ending by 4 o’clock.
- December 13, Faucett. Mid-Buchanan High School, Multipurpose Room, 32-21 SE Route H beginning at 6 o’clock in the evening.
- December 14—Polo: Community Center at Stagecoach Park, 10-10 Main Street starting at 12 noon, concluding by 4 o’clock.
- December 14—Carrollton: Rupe (roop) Community Center, 710 Harvest Hills Drive starting at 6 in the evening.
In order that all witnesses have an opportunity to testify before the Missouri Public Service Commission, witnesses will be limited to five minutes of testimony. They will be asked to testify only once during the eight local hearings held in this case.
Formal evidentiary hearings are scheduled March 20-24, 2017, in Room 310 of the Governor Office Building, (200 Madison Street), in Jefferson City.