If you as a Veteran see civilian doctor or hospital for an emergency make sure that you or a family member notifies your VA general physician within 24 hours, and no later than 72 hours.
Have the ER doctor call the attending physician at your VA emergency room so comments can be put in the VA Computer. This gives the VA the option to have you transferred.
If you have civilian doctor bills that you feel the VA should have paid call: 314-894-6603. You can scan and E-mail copies of bills and questions to [email protected]
- Veterans Benefits Administration: 800-827-1000
- VA St. Louis Health Care System: 314-652-4100
- Fee Basis, St. Louis VAMC: 314-894-6603
- Fee Basis, Poplar Bluff, Missouri VAMC: 573-778-4738
- National Personnel Records Center; Military records and DD 214 Tel. 314-801-0800 or on the web at National Archives Military Service Record/Veteran Service Records http://www.archives.gov/veterans/
- Missouri Consumer Protection Division of Attorney General’s Office: 800-392-8222 or 314-340-6815
- Mid-East Area Agency on Aging: 636-207-0847 or 800-243-6060
- Medicare Hotline: 800-633-4227
- Social Security Administration: 800-772-1213 or on the web http://www.ssa.gov/