Fire on Southwest 25th Street renders home unlivable

House Fire

Grundy County Rural Fire Chief Kenny Roberts reports a fire caused minor damage to a house at 448 Southwest 25th Street on Monday night.

Roberts said the fire at the home of Kody Adams started on the front porch, went under the porch roof, got into the house, the attic and insulation. Firefighters cut a hole in the roof of the house to get to the fire and extinguish it.

No injuries were reported to Adams, another adult, or a baby residing at the home. The Grundy County Ambulance responded as a precaution. The Grundy County Rural Fire Protection District was at the scene for about two hours.

Roberts says the home is not livable, and the occupants are now living with Adams’s mother.