Chillicothe firefighters respond to home on Monroe Street

fire figher and fire

(KCHI Radio) – An overheated ceiling fan was the cause of a fire department call to the Barnabas Home on Monroe Street in Chillicothe Friday night, that according to the KCHI website.

Chillicothe Firefighters responded to a call at approximately 7:00 pm Friday night, when a ceiling fan had apparently overheated in room 314.  Firefighters removed the fan from the ceiling and placed wire nuts over exposed wires.

Firefighters then scanned the room with a thermal imaging unit to check for other overheated devices, however, nothing was found.

All residents had been evacuated as firefighters arrived at the scene.

Randall Mann

http://www.kttn.com

Randall has been with KTTN/KGOZ for almost 20 years. He is the current Engineer for all of the stations, as well as working "on-air" from 6 to 10, am in the morning. Randall does a bit of everything including producing advertisements as well as writing the occasional news article. Randall is also the current Webmaster for the studio as well as the local graphic artist.

Related posts