Chillicothe Fire Department responds to 904 Fairway

Chillicothe Missouri Fire Department

What turned out to be an overheated furnace motor sent Chillicothe’s Fire Department to 904 Fairway last night.

Upon arrival, firefighters found light smoke throughout the house. Chief Darrell Wright noted a thermal imaging camera determined the furnace motor to be near 150 degrees. One of the electrical breakers to the furnace had been tripped.

The fire department report noted doors were opened to remove the smoke and smell from the house. Chillicothe fire department responded at 7:20 last night with two engines and seven personnel, and was on the scene about 20 minutes.

The owner of the duplex is Julie McCoy. The renter is Martha Hays.