Chillicothe Fire Department responds to 229 Gale Street

Firefighter

A Chillicothe residence received light smoke damage in the kitchen due to a grease fire Friday evening.

Fire Chief Darrell Wright reports fire fighters found a pan on a stove with flames coming from it when they arrived at 229 Gale Street in Chillicothe. He says fire fighters smothered the fire by covering it with another pan.

Crews ventilated the home using a fan and returned to service after about 10 minutes on the scene.

Wright reports occupant Jennifer Graves told him her daughter was cooking and let the grease get too hot before it caught on fire.

C. R. Mantzey of Chillicothe owns the residence.