Chillicothe Fire Department responds to 1703 Webster

Firetruck

The Chillicothe Fire Department on Monday responded to a report of smoke in a residence at 1703 Webster.

Firefighters were told the furnace had been started and smoke had filled the home. A fire department report noted a slight haze was seen inside. The investigation led to the downstairs where an inductor motor had frozen up on the furnace. The unit was shut down and the owner was advised that it would need to be serviced. The home was ventilated to remove the haze.

The occupant was listed as Calvin Glascow. Chillicothe firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes during the noon hour Monday.