Numerous students from area FFA chapters will receive their National FFA Degree during ceremonies on November 4th at the 2023 National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana. The national degree is the highest individual honor that an FFA member can earn.
Trenton FFA leads the area with eight recipients: Hannah Bowe, Haven Burress, Kidridge Griffin, Jesse Huber-Bethards, Kaci Persell, Gracyn Rongey, Colton Roy, and Rebecca Urich.
Other area recipients include:
- Grundy R-5: Logan Matthew Foster
- Princeton: Rebecca Kile
- North Mercer: Kylie Gannan, Tori Meinecke, and Jared Price
- Jamesport Tri-County: Jordan Marrs and Garrett Skinner
- Gilman City: Gracen Clark, Sidney Gibson, Cameron Gregg, and Jolee Ward
- Milan: Zack Banner, Blake Eitel, Marcos Lopez, Michael Pipes, Bobbi Ann Richardson, and Brady Sayre
- Meadville: Cayla Kennedy, Wyatt Link, Rylee Meneeley, and Wade Van Dyke
- Linn County R-1 (Purdin): Kelsie Lorton, Gage Seals, and Maesen Tharp
- Chillicothe: Ellie Marie Barnett, Joshua Eckert, Abbey Hayen, Clara Leamer, Joshua Meservey, and Kolby Singer
- Gallatin: Brianna Filley, Draygen Schweizer, Cloey Waterbury, and Olivia Woody
- South Harrison (Bethany): Cooper Fenimore, Areona Hamilton, Katherine Rogers, and Courtney Starmer
- North Harrison (Eagleville): Nick Babinski, Karley Koch, and Kamden Robertson
- Putnam County: Vanessa Kay Bondy
- Green City: Olivia Morris
- Bucklin: Alana Burns
- Tina Avalon: Trent Grossman
- Braymer: Kerri Basham, Brenden Hunt, and Wyatt Kincaid
- Polo: Kayla Larkins, Addison Lewis, Madison Rectermann, and Andrew Stone
- Marceline: Veronica Vaughn
The National FFA Degree is awarded to FFA members who have demonstrated the highest level of commitment to FFA and made significant accomplishments in their supervised agricultural experience (SAE). The SAE is a hands-on learning project that FFA members complete outside of the classroom.