Missouri woman who smoked while using oxygen dies in fire


JOPLIN, Mo. (AP) – Authorities say a 71-year-old woman who was smoking while using oxygen to help her breath has died in a southwest Missouri house fire.

The Joplin Globe (http://bit.ly/2d9wWFM ) reports that firefighters responded to the fire Wednesday morning. Fire Chief James Furgerson says Sandra Johnson was found on the living room floor and died at the scene. He said she had mobility issues.

No one else was home at the time of the fire.

Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control in about 15 minutes. The department says the house sustained moderate heat and smoke damage.