Saturday morning fire damages Chillicothe house

Date 2013/2/4 9:32:54 | Topic: Fires

Chillicothe firefighters report that an electrical fire caused moderate damage to the Tristan Biswell and Mike Brookman residence at 916 Broadway on Saturday morning. Firefighters responded to the single-story house to find heavy smoke showing from the structure. All occupants were OUT of the house upon the fire department's arrival.
Fire was found in the kitchen ceiling and attic above the kitchen. Firefighters said, after pulling the ceiling in the kitchen, they were able to gain access to the attic, where most of the flames were located.

About 150 gallons of water and foam were used to extinguish the blaze. The cause of the fire was listed as 'electrical', the area of the origin 'in the attic', and the heat source as 'arcing'.

The owner of the house, Kerby Vulgamott of Chillicothe, was on the scene. Estimated dollar losses were $25,000 to the property and $3,000 to the contents. Firefighters were on the scene about 90 minutes. No injuries were reported.



This article comes from KTTN-FM AND KGOZ-FM
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm

The URL for this story is:
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8855