Fire destroys Spickard home

Date 2012/10/1 20:00:00 | Topic: Fires

A fire on Sunday afternoon destroyed a Spickard residence. Fire Department Training Officer Jesse Richman said nothing of value was saved from the Shanna Tranthan family residence at 505 Jewell. The five member family was not home at the time of the blaze, believed to have been caused by an electrical issue. Firefighters were on the scene about 3 1/2 hours.
Firefighters from the Spickard Fire Protection District were assisted by the Grundy County Rural Fire Protection District. No injuries were reported.

A spaghetti supper benefit for the family is planned for Saturday evening at the Spickard School, beginning at 5:00. It is eat and pay what you want.

Clothing donations for the family can be left at the school or fire department in Spickard.

Needed are baby clothes for 3 to 6 months old and 6 to 9 months old, along with size TWO diapers, boys toddler size 3 pants, shirts, and underwear, boys size eleven shoes, boys size ten pants, shirts, and underwear, boys size three shoes, girls size three pants and size three underwear, and women's shoes sizes seven and seven and one-half, and women's medium shirts, size six pants, and size five underwear.



This article comes from KTTN-FM AND KGOZ-FM
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm

The URL for this story is:
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8349