Fire Damages Home In Trenton

Date 2014/4/18 9:30:00 | Topic: News

Fire yesterday morning caused extensive fire, heat, and smoke damage to the Ryan and Jessica Kennedy residence at 429 West 12th Street in Trenton.
Original Image
Nobody was home at the time of the blaze, and no injuries were reported.

Trenton Fire Chief, Rick Morris, said the blaze consumed most of the contents of the house. He said it's believed unattended candles in the living room caught a couch on fire
and spread, including going upstairs somewhat.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the attic and roof dormer area of the large 2 story home. Flames could be seen in the house through windows.

Firefighters used foam and about 300 gallons of water.

Firefighters from the Trenton and Grundy County Rural Departments were on the scene about 2 1/2 hours.

Although there was extensive fire, heat, and smoke damage, Fire Chief Morris said the house remained structurally sound.



This article comes from KTTN-FM AND KGOZ-FM
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm

The URL for this story is:
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=12119