Fire Destroys Beverlin Home In Laredo

Date 2014/2/24 6:39:12 | Topic: News

Fire last night at Laredo destroyed what is considered to be one of the oldest homes in the community. It was the residence of Bill and Darlene Beverlin.

Original Image
Kenny Meeker, chief of the Laredo fire protection district, said the fire began with an electric cook stove in the kitchen; then spread quickly throughout the three story home. There were no injuries. No one was home at the time.

Meeker said when firefighters were gaining entry, they noticed the fire was spreading fast through the ceiling, into the second and third floors as well as the roof.

The structure, including belongings, is considered to be a total loss. Meeker said about the only items salvaged were some oxygen bottles used by Beverlin.

Assisting the Laredo firefighters were a pumper and personnel provided by the Grundy county rural fire protection district as well as the Galt fire protection district.



This article comes from KTTN-FM AND KGOZ-FM
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm

The URL for this story is:
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=11549