Fire Destroys Home Near Spickard

Date 2013/12/11 6:40:00 | Topic: News

Fire early this (Wednesday) morning has destroyed a house and its contents near Spickard.

Original Image
Firefighters responded to the blaze at the W-A “Dub” Wilson residence at 631 Northeast 122nd Street. Upon arrival, Spickard training officer Jesse Richmond said the single story house was fully involved with lots of flames observed.

Richmond quoted the owners as indicating once they saw a glow, they left their house with only the clothes they were wearing. He said firefighters were told the blaze is believed to have started in the vicinity of an electric hot water heater.

There were no injuries. Mr. and Mrs. Wilson were to stayed the rest of the night with other family members. Richmond said the Red Cross has been contacted.

The fire call came in about 1:20 this morning. Firefighters remained at the scene until nearly 4 o'clock. Assisting the Spickard department was the Grundy county rural fire protection district.



This article comes from KTTN-FM AND KGOZ-FM
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm

The URL for this story is:
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10870