Overnight Fire Destroys Chillicothe House

Date 2013/11/25 10:07:51 | Topic: Fires

An overnight fire in Chillicothe destroyed the Misty Johnson and William Rector residence at 102 Third Street. A State Fire Marshal investigator, on Friday morning, attributed the blaze to "a space heater catching clothing on fire".

Original Image
The occupants had stated they thought a space heater was left on in the back bedroom. Nobody was home at the time of the fire. Chillicothe Police Chiefs Darrell Wright said a man who saw the blaze suffered minor burns when he kicked in a door, believing someone may have been in the structure. The call received by the department indicated "the back room was full of fire and no one was in the house". Upon arrival, firefighters encountered flames rolling out the back windows of the home. It was confirmed there was no one inside.

The fire proved difficult to extinguish due to the construction of the home, multiple ceilings, and different attic accesses. Over 4,100 gallons of water and nearly 11 gallons of foam were used on the blaze. Damage from the total loss was listed as $25,000 to the property and $8,000 to the contents.

The owner o the house was listed as Anna Kitchener-Eckert of rural Chillicothe.



This article comes from KTTN-FM AND KGOZ-FM
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm

The URL for this story is:
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10721