Chillicothe Fire Department Responds To Polk Street

Date 2013/11/19 9:50:00 | Topic: Fires

Chillicothe fire-fighters responded early yesterday afternoon to the report of smoke at 209 Polk Street in Chillicothe.

Original Image
It's the residence of Christina Gamble with Rolla Bloss of Chillicothe listed as the owner of the house.

Chillicothe firemen say when they arrived, smoke was observed coming from the attic; and they noticed some of the attic had been on fire. Smoldering insulation was removed by the fire department. Occupants were quoted by Chillicothe fire fighters as indicating yesterday morning, fire was noted around the wood stove's flue pipe that extends through the ceiling.

They thought they had gotten the fire out and did not request help. When smoke was prevalent in the early afternoon, Chillicothe's Fire Department was called to the scene. The report described fire damage as minor.



This article comes from KTTN-FM AND KGOZ-FM
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm

The URL for this story is:
http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10672