Trenton Police Department Offers Safety Tips For Trick Or Treaters
Date 2013/10/31 6:50:08 | Topic: News
|The Trenton Police Department is offering up some Halloween safety tips for those heading out to Trick Or Treat this Halloween eve.|
• Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
• Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs.
• Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
• Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
• Drive slowly, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances.
• Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.