User Login    
 + Register
PDQ Cleaning
RSS Feed
Articles involving fires of any type can be found here.
(1) 2
Fires : Trenton home damaged in weekend fire
Posted by Tom on 2013/1/21 8:24:47 (395 reads)

A Saturday morning house fire in Trenton caused what was described as 'extensive fire damage' to a bathroom and nearby hallway, and major fire damage to the living room area. There also was smoke damage throughout the single story house at 915 Kumler where Bryan McGuire and Camry Holsted resided.

Read More... | 1598 bytes more
Fires : Saturday morning fire destroys Spickard residence
Posted by Tom on 2012/12/26 8:47:03 (398 reads)

A Saturday morning fire destroyed a house in Spickard occupied by the Bob Blozvich family. Everybody escaped the blaze safely.

Read More... | 752 bytes more
Fires : Tuesday afternoon fire damages Trenton residence
Posted by Tom on 2012/12/12 17:00:10 (355 reads)

Fire on Tuesday afternoon extensively damaged the John and Lacy Limkeman residence at 1427 Merrill in Trenton. Firefighter Jeremy Summers said most of the fire damage was on the first floor at the rear of the house. However, there was also damage on the second floor, and in the basement. In addition, there was smoke and heat damage throughout the structure.

Read More... | 677 bytes more
Fires : Sunday night fire damages Chillicothe house
Posted by Tom on 2012/11/27 21:22:22 (422 reads)

A house fire on Sunday night in Chillicothe caused what the Department of Emergency Services called "moderate" damage. Chillicothe firemen were called to 1437 McVey, the residence of Skyler Kline. The fire department said that when they arrived, the residents of the home where seen OUTSIDE the burning structure.

Read More... | 764 bytes more
Fires : Cameron fire claims one life
Posted by Tom on 2012/11/13 8:28:18 (364 reads)

One person is reported dead as the result of a business fire in Cameron. Early Monday afternoon, the Cameron Police Department received a report of a structure fire at A-1 Mobile Truck and Tractor Repair at 1520 Pence Road. A fully engulfed machine type shed was located on the property.

Read More... | 903 bytes more
Fires : Fire of undetermined cause guts a Trenton home
Posted by John on 2012/8/31 12:00:00 (423 reads)

Fire early this morning has left a Trenton home with major damage, but still standing, at 408 Washington Street. A fire department spokesman said no was home when the fire occurred.

Read More... | 1539 bytes more
Fires : Grass fire blackens 10 acres in Grundy County
Posted by Tom on 2012/7/28 5:52:25 (427 reads)

A grass fire burned about ten acres in southwestern Grundy County on Friday afternoon. It was along Route WW, slightly over one mile west of Route W.

Read More... | 318 bytes more
Fires : During demolition work, Chillicothe's Leeper Hotel catches fire
 Posted by Tom on 2012/6/4 11:40:00 (798 reads)

The old Leeper Hotel building in Chillicothe, which has been undergoing demolition in recent weeks, caught fire on Saturday evening while that demolition was continuing. The fire was contained to that structure, although there was smoke damage to a nearly chiropractor's office. No injuries were reported.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Read More... | 3215 bytes more
Fires : Breckenridge houses damaged in Monday morning fire
Posted by Tom on 2013/1/2 8:47:36 (345 reads)

Two nearby houses in Breckenridge were damaged in an early morning fire on Monday. The Chillicothe Fire Department, on a mutual aid request, assisted Breckenridge firefighters at the scene of the fires at 7th and Wisconsin before daybreak on New Year's Eve.

Read More... | 1114 bytes more
Fires : Early morning blaze destroys two buildings in Carrollton
Posted by Tom on 2012/12/17 15:58:48 (447 reads)

Two buildings may be a total loss after a fire in downtown Carrollton. The fire started at about 3 o'clock this morning and was under control about 6:30. The two businesses that burned are Carroll County Title Company and House of My Father.

Read More... | 542 bytes more
Fires : Items sought for victims of Chillicothe house fire
Posted by Tom on 2012/12/11 13:10:07 (365 reads)

Donated items are being sought for a Chillicothe family who lost belongings in a fire at their residence on Monday night. The Chillicothe Fire Department says about 100 gallons of water and foam were used to extinguish smoldering embers in the attic and ceiling joists in the kitchen area at 104 East Second Street in Chillicothe.

Read More... | 1018 bytes more
Fires : Weekend fires destroy Chillicothe garage and car
Posted by Tom on 2012/11/13 8:41:31 (314 reads)

At Chillicothe, a garage and a car were destroyed by separate weekend fires. The Department of Emergency Services was called out late Friday night to 122 JFK in Chillicothe due to the report of a structure fire.

Read More... | 1538 bytes more
Fires : Fire destroys Spickard home
Posted by Tom on 2012/10/1 20:00:00 (381 reads)

A fire on Sunday afternoon destroyed a Spickard residence. Fire Department Training Officer Jesse Richman said nothing of value was saved from the Shanna Tranthan family residence at 505 Jewell. The five member family was not home at the time of the blaze, believed to have been caused by an electrical issue. Firefighters were on the scene about 3 1/2 hours.

Read More... | 1200 bytes more
Fires : Cameron fire claims three lives
Posted by Tom on 2012/8/18 6:00:00 (399 reads)

A house fire in Cameron yesterday (Friday) afternoon claimed the lives of three people. The Cameron Fire Department discovered the deceased victims upon entering the structure at 113 East Fourth Street just before 5 o'clock.

Read More... | 718 bytes more
Fires : Fire near Trenton burns brush and timber
Posted by Tom on 2012/7/6 9:29:36 (425 reads)

Fire late Wednesday afternoon burned an estimate 100 yards of brush and timber piles at the edge of a field about one mile north of Trenton, on property belonging to John Kuttler. Trenton Fire Department Lieutenant Mike Moore said it is not known who started the fire, located in "a creek bed area" of a field approximately 1/4 mile from U.S. Highway 65.

Read More... | 673 bytes more
Fires : Tuesday morning fire damages Trenton house
Posted by Tom on 2012/5/1 13:25:40 (429 reads)

Six persons including a baby escaped safely from a burning home this morning in Trenton. Firefighters were sent just after 5 am to 1607 Carnes—the residence of Kathy Reeder and five other persons.

Read More... | 1415 bytes more
(1) 2
Listen to KTTN-FM