Chillicothe firefighters report that an electrical fire caused moderate damage to the Tristan Biswell and Mike Brookman residence at 916 Broadway on Saturday morning. Firefighters responded to the single-story house to find heavy smoke showing from the structure. All occupants were OUT of the house upon the fire department's arrival.
Two nearby houses in Breckenridge were damaged in an early morning fire on Monday. The Chillicothe Fire Department, on a mutual aid request, assisted Breckenridge firefighters at the scene of the fires at 7th and Wisconsin before daybreak on New Year's Eve.
Two buildings may be a total loss after a fire in downtown Carrollton. The fire started at about 3 o'clock this morning and was under control about 6:30. The two businesses that burned are Carroll County Title Company and House of My Father.
Donated items are being sought for a Chillicothe family who lost belongings in a fire at their residence on Monday night. The Chillicothe Fire Department says about 100 gallons of water and foam were used to extinguish smoldering embers in the attic and ceiling joists in the kitchen area at 104 East Second Street in Chillicothe.
At Chillicothe, a garage and a car were destroyed by separate weekend fires. The Department of Emergency Services was called out late Friday night to 122 JFK in Chillicothe due to the report of a structure fire.
A fire on Sunday afternoon destroyed a Spickard residence. Fire Department Training Officer Jesse Richman said nothing of value was saved from the Shanna Tranthan family residence at 505 Jewell. The five member family was not home at the time of the blaze, believed to have been caused by an electrical issue. Firefighters were on the scene about 3 1/2 hours.
A house fire in Cameron yesterday (Friday) afternoon claimed the lives of three people. The Cameron Fire Department discovered the deceased victims upon entering the structure at 113 East Fourth Street just before 5 o'clock.
Fire late Wednesday afternoon burned an estimate 100 yards of brush and timber piles at the edge of a field about one mile north of Trenton, on property belonging to John Kuttler. Trenton Fire Department Lieutenant Mike Moore said it is not known who started the fire, located in "a creek bed area" of a field approximately 1/4 mile from U.S. Highway 65.
A Saturday morning house fire in Trenton caused what was described as 'extensive fire damage' to a bathroom and nearby hallway, and major fire damage to the living room area. There also was smoke damage throughout the single story house at 915 Kumler where Bryan McGuire and Camry Holsted resided.
Fire on Tuesday afternoon extensively damaged the John and Lacy Limkeman residence at 1427 Merrill in Trenton. Firefighter Jeremy Summers said most of the fire damage was on the first floor at the rear of the house. However, there was also damage on the second floor, and in the basement. In addition, there was smoke and heat damage throughout the structure.
A house fire on Sunday night in Chillicothe caused what the Department of Emergency Services called "moderate" damage. Chillicothe firemen were called to 1437 McVey, the residence of Skyler Kline. The fire department said that when they arrived, the residents of the home where seen OUTSIDE the burning structure.
One person is reported dead as the result of a business fire in Cameron. Early Monday afternoon, the Cameron Police Department received a report of a structure fire at A-1 Mobile Truck and Tractor Repair at 1520 Pence Road. A fully engulfed machine type shed was located on the property.
The old Leeper Hotel building in Chillicothe, which has been undergoing demolition in recent weeks, caught fire on Saturday evening while that demolition was continuing. The fire was contained to that structure, although there was smoke damage to a nearly chiropractor's office. No injuries were reported.