A Saturday morning house fire in Trenton caused what was described as 'extensive fire damage' to a bathroom and nearby hallway, and major fire damage to the living room area. There also was smoke damage throughout the single story house at 915 Kumler where Bryan McGuire and Camry Holsted resided.
No one was home at the time of the blaze, which was reported to authorities at 7:50 Saturday morning. It initially was thought that Camry Holsted might be in the residence, and firefighters searched the structure without finding anyone. It was later discovered that Ms. Holsted had left the house shortly after 7 o'clock Saturday morning, without the knowledge of McGuire, who had returned to the burning structure from work.
The fire was listed as 'accidental' and 'starting in the bathroom'. A Fire Department report said, after a resident was interviewed, it was determined that an electrical receptical in the area of the origin did not have a cover. The receptical was located just over a waste basket filled with tissue. The fire report also lists a 'heating source too close to combustibles' as a factor contributing to 'combustion'.
Lieutenant Mike Moore said firefighters arrived on the scene to find heavy smoke, with fire visible out of a window. Members of the Trenton Fire Department and Grundy County Rural Fire Protection District were on the scene around 90 minutes. No injuries were reported. The owner of the house was listed as Dan Frank of Carrollton. The Fire Department contacted the American Red Cross to provide assistance for the residents.