A house fire on Sunday night in Chillicothe caused what the Department of Emergency Services called "moderate" damage. Chillicothe firemen were called to 1437 McVey, the residence of Skyler Kline. The fire department said that when they arrived, the residents of the home where seen OUTSIDE the burning structure.
Smoke was said to be showing from the attic portion of the single story house, with the blaze described as a "flue fire". Once the living room ceiling was pulled down, flames were seen in the attic, specifically above of a wood burning stove.
Approximately 100 gallons of water was used to extinguish the fire. The roof was ventilated to remove heat and smoke. Chillicothe firefighters were on the scene for two hours on Sunday night.