User Login    
 + Register
PDQ Cleaning
Fires : Fire destroys Spickard home
Posted by Tom on 2012/10/1 20:00:00 (507 reads) News by the same author

A fire on Sunday afternoon destroyed a Spickard residence. Fire Department Training Officer Jesse Richman said nothing of value was saved from the Shanna Tranthan family residence at 505 Jewell. The five member family was not home at the time of the blaze, believed to have been caused by an electrical issue. Firefighters were on the scene about 3 1/2 hours.

Firefighters from the Spickard Fire Protection District were assisted by the Grundy County Rural Fire Protection District. No injuries were reported.

A spaghetti supper benefit for the family is planned for Saturday evening at the Spickard School, beginning at 5:00. It is eat and pay what you want.

Clothing donations for the family can be left at the school or fire department in Spickard.

Needed are baby clothes for 3 to 6 months old and 6 to 9 months old, along with size TWO diapers, boys toddler size 3 pants, shirts, and underwear, boys size eleven shoes, boys size ten pants, shirts, and underwear, boys size three shoes, girls size three pants and size three underwear, and women's shoes sizes seven and seven and one-half, and women's medium shirts, size six pants, and size five underwear.

Printer Friendly Page Send this Story to a Friend Create a PDF from the article


Other articles
2015/7/4 12:40:10 - Princeton Woman Dies, 3 Injured During Early Morning Accident In Mercer County
2015/7/3 6:30:16 - Scammers Target Chillicothe Residents
2015/7/3 6:24:26 - Gallatin Woman Arrested On Multiple Charges After Injury Accident
2015/7/3 4:51:14 - Bridge South Of Gallatin Set To Close For 3 Weeks
2015/7/3 4:44:53 - Fireworks Go Off At Dark Tonight In Trenton
2015/7/3 4:28:38 - Miss Missouri Comes Home
2015/7/3 4:00:00 - Man's Obituary Simply Reads "Doug Died"
2015/7/3 4:00:00 - Police: Woman Dies In Boone County Courtroom
2015/7/3 3:59:53 - French Mother Gets 9 Years In Prison For Killing 8 Newborns
2015/7/2 8:58:03 - Wright Memorial Hospital Foundation Receives Grant From Union Pacific
2015/7/2 8:49:30 - Trenton Park Board Meets
2015/7/2 8:45:38 - Tri-County Board Of Education Approves Budget
2015/7/2 6:35:02 - Teen Receives Serious Injuries, Demolishes Vehicle In Accident Near Green City
2015/7/2 4:43:49 - Macon Officials Dedicate Solar Farm
2015/7/2 4:38:49 - Police: Missouri Man Kills Self During Standoff
2015/7/2 4:29:07 - Missouri Public Service Commission Rejects Plan For Multistate Wind Power
2015/7/2 4:12:53 - Police: Bomb Found In Car During Springfield Traffic Stop
2015/7/2 4:09:03 - New Law In Effect Allows Kansans To Carry Concealed Weapons Without Permit
2015/7/2 4:03:37 - School Charges Mother $77,000 For Access To Emails Involving Son
2015/7/1 7:36:28 - Chillicothe Man Injured When Pool Carries Him Out Of Pickup
2015/7/1 6:37:47 - Clerk Accused Of Shooting Teen Allegedly Over Theft Of Cookies
2015/7/1 6:31:57 - Boy Found Chained To Porch With Chicken Around Neck Speaks Out For First Time
2015/7/1 5:28:17 - Public School Application Asks If Child Was Born By C-Section
2015/7/1 4:45:45 - Mom Arrested After Boy 4, Left Tied On Leash To Bush
2015/7/1 4:36:46 - Death Of Boy Pushed In Swing For 3 Days Ruled Homicide
2015/7/1 4:30:00 - Former Circuit Clerk From Northeast Missouri Enters Plea
2015/7/1 4:24:53 - Teens Storm Georgia Wal-Mart In Wild Rampage Of Destruction
2015/6/30 6:31:13 - Mosaic To Offer Reduced Cost Sports Physicals
2015/6/30 4:47:08 - Son Arrested After Argument Over Spoiled Meat
2015/6/30 4:34:11 - Woman Gives Birth Alone On Back Road, Is Stranded With Newborn For Three Days



Bookmark this article at these sites

                   

Listen to KTTN-FM