The Trenton Fire Department reports a house west of Trenton burned late yesterday afternoon; a gasoline spill was cleaned up late in the night at the airport; and mutual aid was provided to another department on a grass and brush file on Monday.
Fire was reported at 4:30 yesterday afternoon at Lake Wittona northwest of Trenton. Grundy County Rural Fire Protection District and the E-L-B department responded to the scene at 60-210 Northwest Highway 146. A report stated Bill Rhoades of Trenton was the owner of the house that burned. The single story wood frame structure was fully involved when firefighters arrived on the scene.
The report said the blaze is believed to be electrical in nature. Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to a nearby structure. No one was at the house when a neighbor reported the blaze. K C P and L was called to the scene because of downed electric wires. There were no injuries. Firefighters were at the scene 90 minutes.
Late last night, Life Flight Eagle notified Trenton firemen of the odor of gas in a hangar at the Trenton airport. Upon investigation, the department determined the fumes were due to a gas spill in rented space on the north side of the hangar. An absorbent material was used to soak up the spill.
Grundy County rural fire protection district responded on a mutual aid call in the early afternoon to assist Spickard's department at the scene of a brush and grass fire.