User Login    
 + Register
News : Fire Destroys Beverlin Home In Laredo
Posted by Randy on 2014/2/24 6:39:12 (719 reads) News by the same author

Fire last night at Laredo destroyed what is considered to be one of the oldest homes in the community. It was the residence of Bill and Darlene Beverlin.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Kenny Meeker, chief of the Laredo fire protection district, said the fire began with an electric cook stove in the kitchen; then spread quickly throughout the three story home. There were no injuries. No one was home at the time.

Meeker said when firefighters were gaining entry, they noticed the fire was spreading fast through the ceiling, into the second and third floors as well as the roof.

The structure, including belongings, is considered to be a total loss. Meeker said about the only items salvaged were some oxygen bottles used by Beverlin.

Assisting the Laredo firefighters were a pumper and personnel provided by the Grundy county rural fire protection district as well as the Galt fire protection district.

Printer Friendly Page Send this Story to a Friend Create a PDF from the article


Other articles
2015/4/17 11:00:00 - THS Senior Named Missouri's FFA President
2015/4/17 10:31:23 - NCMC Postseason Nemesis To Host National Tournament, Starting in March 2017
2015/4/17 10:30:00 - Trenton Clipped By Chariton In Tight Boys Tennis Battle
2015/4/17 10:21:00 - NCMC Pirates Blow Late-Game Lead, Swept On Thursday
2015/4/17 10:06:32 - Trenton Middle School Boys Win PC Relays
2015/4/17 9:20:00 - Trenton Girls, Brookfield Boys Win Trenton Relays Team Titles
2015/4/17 9:00:42 - Lawson Wins Cameron Golf Invitational, Trenton Sixth
2015/4/17 8:41:25 - Mizzou Basketball Signs Point Guard To '15 Class
2015/4/17 8:20:00 - Phi Mu Epsilon Hosts 90th Anniversary Party At NCMC
2015/4/17 8:10:00 - Daviess County Hosts Solid Waste Collection In May
2015/4/17 8:05:44 - Grand River Tech Organization To Host Mock Accident
2015/4/17 7:57:31 - Sullivan County Lifts Boil Advisory
2015/4/17 7:40:00 - Area FFA Students Compete For State Awards
2015/4/17 7:33:07 - Gallatin Hires New City Administrator
2015/4/17 7:27:41 - Man Shot, Killed In MU Parking Garage
2015/4/16 11:23:07 - NCMC Makes Signing Of THS Standout Official
2015/4/15 15:20:00 - Trenton Girls Dominate TMS Track Meet At CF Russell Stadium
2015/4/15 15:17:18 - Savages Sweep THS Boys Tennis
2015/4/15 15:07:07 - Eighth-Inning Wild Pitch Gives NCMC Baseball Victory In Kansas
2015/4/15 15:00:44 - NCMC Lady Pirates Trample Graceland JV
2015/4/15 13:10:00 - Laredo Board Approves Raise For Certified Staff
2015/4/15 13:10:00 - Newtown-Harris Offers Contract To Principal Foster
2015/4/15 13:10:00 - Princeton Basketball Coach Resigns, Takes Principal Job At Ridgeway
2015/4/15 11:20:00 - Trenton Resident Charged With Marijuana Possession
2015/4/15 11:20:00 - Pleasant View District To Place New Sign In Front Of School
2015/4/15 11:10:00 - Trenton R-9 Announces New Hirings For 2015-16 School Year
2015/4/15 10:40:00 - Novinger Wildcats Cruise At Milan
2015/4/15 9:44:17 - Trenton Lady Bulldogs Win Brookfield Relays
2015/4/15 9:40:00 - NCMC Women's Basketball Hits Iowa For 2015 Recruit
2015/4/15 9:27:25 - Shorthanded Trenton Beats Princeton In Monday Golf Duel



Bookmark this article at these sites

                   

Listen to KTTN-FM