Trenton firemen yesterday afternoon were called to the scene of a structure fire near the Lake Trenton area. The department responded to a call of a blaze in a travel trailer at 2741 Lakeside Place. It's owned by Allan Palmer.
A spokesman for the fire department described damage as extensive to the trailer and its contents. The report indicated Palmer was working outside when he noticed smoke. Upon arrival, firefighters noticed heavy smoke and a little bit of fire from the top of the structure. The report said the cause is believed to be a malfunction with a refrigerator compressor. There were no injuries in the mid afternoon fire. The report also indicated a cat was rescued and taken to a veterinary office. Trenton firemen received assistance from the Grundy county fire protection district on the mutual aid call. Firefighters were at the scene a little over one hour.
Trenton firemen last evening responded to a vehicle fire at 11th and McPherson.
The report said Robert Blozvich of Trenton was driving a pickup truck, southbound on
McPherson when he was alerted by a resident who noticed fire from the left front
wheel well of the truck.
Blozvich stopped the vehicle, a 1995 Dodge Ram 3500, however, the fire was out by the time Trenton firemen arrived. A nearby source of water was used to extinguish it. Damage was described as minor. Trenton firefighters were at the scene about one half hour. There were no injuries.