Fire at mid-day on Wednesday destroyed a mobile home and attached porch at 2735 Lakeside Place in Trenton.
The trailer park owner, Richard Ishmael, his son, Jeremy sharp, and bystanders were credited with getting a back door open to allow an occupant, Amanda Hines, to get out of the mobile home. Trenton firefighter Robert Romesburg, who also is an investigator for the fire department, explained the back door had been sealed for the winter, and the front door was blocked by flames in the porch area.
Romesburg said Amanda Hines called 9-1-1 reporting the fire and saying she could not get out of the structure. Her mother, Peggy smiley, rents the mobile home. Romesburg said ms. Smiley was not home at the time of the fire call, but arrived on the scene while firefighters were battling the blaze. Romesburg also said ms. Smiley had contacted Ishmael, who then went to the scene, and with the help of sharp and others, freed the occupant.
Firefighter Romesburg said the blaze was attributed to an Electric switch or outlet in the area of the attached porch. The specific problem with the electric component was not determined.
Firefighters were on the scene nearly two hours, including time spent investigating with no injuries reported.