Chillicothe firefighters respond to Webster Street apartment

Chillicothe Missouri Fire Department

The Chillicothe Fire Department received a call of smoke in an apartment at 441 Webster Street Monday night.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke in the apartment caused from cooking oil on a stove. The resident stated that he had fried chicken earlier in the evening and had shut off the stove. He was asleep at the time when an upstairs neighbor smelled and saw smoke, then went downstairs and woke up the resident.

Firefighters used a ventilation fan to remove the smoke from the apartment.

The Chillicothe fire department incident report stated the owner of the apartment is Bill Wilson and it’s rented by Patrick Oyler.