Reporting Period: October 1st, 2007 to September 30th, 2008
POSITIONS FILLED AND DATE OF HIRE
There were NO full time hires in the year covered.
Part time position #1 : October 1, 2007
Part time position #2: April 1, 2008
RECRUITMENT SOURCE REFERRED PERSON HIRED
Part-time position #1 : Method H above (Cody McHargue)
Part time position #2 – Method H above (Carol Ausberger)
NUMBER OF INTERVIEWEES AND TOTAL NUMBER
Period covers October 1st, 2007; to September 30th, 2008
Total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies: 0
(A longtime fulltime employee retired August 31, 2007 and the position was reduced to part time)
Total number interviewed for part-time positions: 3
Name Total Number Interview
1) We participated in a “career day” event hosted by Princeton High School
2) We hosted Job Shadow high school students from Upward Bound program at North Central Missouri College who took part in a summer enrichment opportunity to explore college and the work force; student viewed and spoke on the air on selected days. Two students job shadowed from area high schools and eventually were hired for part-time DJ positions. Two others were hired on the recommendations of an employee.
3) As a member of the Missouri Broadcasters Association, we participate as needed in the Internet Job Bank designed to promote outreach initiatives in general.
4) We broadcast PSA’s when available on the availability of scholarships and job training opportunities within the broadcasting industry.
5) We also offer in-house training designed to enable station personnel to acquire skills that could qualify them for other positions when available.
Station KGOZ FM is licensed to Gallatin, Missouri in a market of less than 250,000 population.
Stations KTTN AM and FM and KGOZ FM are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies. We seek help of organizations in referring qualified applicants. If your organization wishes to receive information on openings, you may contact John Anthony by phone: 660 359 2261 by fax 660 359 4126; or email firstname.lastname@example.org Check back often to view job opportunities with our company. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for job openings.
Luehrs Broadcasting Company Inc, parent company of KTTN AM/FM currently has eight full-time employees and six part-time employees. PAR Broadcasting Company Inc, parent company of KGOZ FM, has four employees with support from ten others affiliated with Luehrs Broadcasting Company Inc. Full time includes the employment of general manager and owner, John A. Ausberger, who is president of both corporations.
The President of Luehrs/PAR Broadcasting is solely responsible for hiring and termination of employees along with the enforcement of EEO policies. All EEO material is provided to the president of the two corporations.
Luehrs / PAR Broadcasting provides benefits to full time employees, promotes according to job performance, and selects employees based on job qualifications.
While KTTN AM and KTTN FM is owned by Luehrs Broadcasting Company Inc and KGOZ FM is owned by PAR Broadcasting Company Inc., we are considered a “single employment unit” for the purposes of the annual E-E-O document. I certify that I am owner and president of both corporations; that we work from within a single building located in Trenton, Missouri; and that eight full-time employees receive compensation from Luehrs Broadcasting Inc; that PAR Broadcasting has fewer than five employees; and that employees perform duties on behalf of both companies.
KTTN AM, KTTN FM, and KGOZ FM strives to ensure that promotions to positions of greater responsibility are made in a non-discriminatory manner. Further, we avoid using selection techniques or tests that have the effect of discriminating against persons based on race, national origin, color, religion, or sex.
I certify KTTN AM, KTTN FM, and KGOZ FM has NO reports of discrimination or complaints during the reporting period.
2008 form prepared by John A. Ausberger; President and Owner Luehrs Broadcasting Co. Inc. / Par Broadcasting Co. Inc.