Fifty-four Missourians will be inducted into the Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame at 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, at the Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Center on the State Fair Community College campus in Sedalia.
The Missouri 4-H Foundation annually recognizes the work of 4-H friends and volunteers through its recognition and awards program, said Rachel Augustine, associate director of development of University of Missouri Extension’s 4-H Foundation.
“Individuals who have created exceptional legacies of service and dedication to 4-H are recognized and honored with membership in the Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame,” Augustine said.
County 4-H councils nominate individuals with at least 20 years of volunteer service to Missouri 4-H.
This year’s inductees and their counties include:
- Shirley Aufdenberg, Cape Girardeau County.
- Jeanette Bahrenburg, Benton County.
- Kimberly Bell, Lafayette County.
- Bob Cary, Lewis County.
- Loeda Chapman*, Lawrence County.
- Oleta Cone, Johnson County.
- Delmer Croka, Saline County.
- Herbert* and Umbra Duffy, Callaway County.
- Janie Durbin, Putnam County.
- John Farrington, Macon County.
- Jack Fry, Clark County.
- Philip and Lori Gerke, Pettis County.
- Jackie Gray, Gasconade County.
- Ronda Groebe, Clinton County.
- Ronnie and Carolee Hall, Linn County.
- Dorothy Keence, Franklin County.
- Ken Keesaman, DeKalb County.
- Mary Lou Kurtz, Cape Girardeau County.
- Sandra Leathers, Randolph County.
- Sonny and Kathy Lee, Marion County.
- LeeRoy and Mary Martens, Ray County.
- Berniece Martin, St. Clair County.
- Mike and Heather Moreland, Cass County.
- Byron Morrison, Greene County.
- Carol Norman, Cooper County.
- Laura Pummill, Saline County.
- Selinda Ramsey, Jackson County.
- Jeanna Rutter, Shelby County.
- Randy and Dolores Sayre, Schuyler County.
- Arlen and Kay Schwinke Family, Osage County.
- Eldore and Roberta Schwinke Family, Osage County.
- Kari Shramek, Lincoln County.
- Dorothy Silvey, Caldwell County.
- Gary and Sondra Smith, Barton County.
- Bessie Thomas, Henry County.
- Eleanor Thompson, Harrison County.
- Betty Vahle*, Warren County.
- Larry Wiggins, DVM, Scotland County.
- Dwain and Linda Wilkerson, Monroe County.
- Bobette and Warren Wilson, Audrain County.
- Cindy Woodhurst, Ralls County.
- Jackie Woodworth, Livingston County.
- Charles and Debbie Youngblood, Jasper County.
* Indicates posthumous award.
About the Missouri 4-H Foundation
For more than 65 years, the Missouri 4-H Foundation has been the resource development partner of the MU Extension 4-H Youth Development Program, providing program funds, community service grants, higher education scholarships and volunteer recognition. MU Extension 4-H is a community of nearly 270,000 youth from across Missouri learning leadership, citizenship and life skills.